You are not required to provide any personal information to visit the website. The personal information Investors Unite collects about you – your name, email address and phone number – is that which you voluntarily provide if you sign up to join the coalition and be a part of the email list to receive alerts and updates.
Should you wish to opt-out of receiving communications from Investors Unite, an unsubscribe link will be included in every e-mail. If the link is not working properly or you wish to communicate your desire to opt-out, please reply to the email with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line.
Investors Unite will not share, sell, trade, disclose or rent your personal information without your consent.
Investors Unite does collect forms of non-personal information.
- The type of the domain from which you accessed the Internet
- The date and time you accessed the site
- The IP address from which you accessed the site
- The type of browser software used to view the site. This information does not contain information about a specific individual. Investors Unite does not track a particular individual’s use of the site. Users remain anonymous unless they specifically provide personal information.
Investors Unite will use this information to help provide better services to you and to evaluate the number and frequency of visitors on the site.
Because we care about the safety and privacy of children online, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulations establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13, and we have designed our sites to block our knowing acceptance of information from children under 13 whenever age-related information is requested.
Investors Unite reserves the right and you expressly authorize us to share any information we have about you:
(1) in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims;
(2) to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or property;
(3) to investigate, prevent, or take action against voluminous spamming, service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of information on the site; and
(4) if we are acquired by or merge with another entity.
This website may contain links to other Internet websites, and Investors Unite is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked websites. You also agree and acknowledge that Investors Unite will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, services on or through any such site or resource or goods. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on each website you visit.